Here you will find links to Press cuttings from around the world. Other, country specific may also be found under the various Country pages. Please feel free to contact the Webmaster with any significant leads and links you feel should be included in this global round up.
Breaking the Invisible Chains of Slavery – The Rotarian (March 2016) by RAGAS Member Carol Metzker
- Child tobacco pickers poisoned by nicotine – here
- Brits unknowingly aid child trafficking – here
- CNN (23 March 2016) Why child trafficking surges after natural disasters. Child trafficking often increases after natural disasters such as earthquakes. The disruption of institutions means the usual child protection systems aren’t in place, writes Anna Childs
- New York Times (25 March 2016) Human Trafficking on Trial in Thailand. The trial was sparked by the grim discovery last May of a mass grave containing more than 30 bodies in a trafficking camp in southern Thailand. The 92 defendants in the current trial include politicians, police officers and Lt. Gen. Manas Kongpaen, a senior army officer read more
- March 2016, International Justice Mission (IJM) rescue more than 550 from Indian brick kiln factory. 6 members of an organised trafficking network, including the owner, are in police custody.
- Mark Little, Founder Chair of RAGAS on ‘Combating Modern Slavery’